Monday, April 14, 2008

God Said "Shhhh, I need to tell you something"


Don't you love when things come full circle? Especially when God is drawing the circle? Yesterday's sermon was about how God changes us. Little by little, experience by experience. It starts with an uncomfortable feeling, like something just isn't right. I just happened to feel like I was drowning in anxiety.(note that word "drowning"). At the end of that sermon, God just whispered to my heart "my power is made perfect in your weakness"....but "what does that mean?", I thought. So I woke up this morning to this on my e-votional:TODAY'S VERSE "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him." Psalms 37:7 (NIV)

Even our prayers become a "tool" to use, rather than a relationship. Instead, God desires that we come to Him like a loving and wise Father. Our relationship with Him matters more than our circumstances. . Today, determine to know Him better. Choose some time where you can spend twenty minutes of solitude with Him. Don't let another day, week, month or year go by and not treasure God in your heart through time spent still before Him.


Wow...He knew I was drowning, and my Great Deliverer has taken my hand and set me on solid ground. God is....Indescribable. His wisdom and His peace floods my soul this morning.

But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Matthew 6:33 (WOW!)

"He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved."
Psalm 62:6

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
Ephesians 3:16-21

The bottom line is this "If we don't have a close relationship with Him then we will forget to lean on Him when we are in need. We won't have the faith to allow Him to do His thing while we rest in Him. We have to have developed a relationship with Him so we know that we know that we know that God is willing and able to handle things.

It is most important to turn our eyes toward God and find out where He wants us to focus our attention. Once we get our hearts and minds in line with His will then everything else is just frosting on the cake. Don't have a "me agenda". Have a "Him" state of mind.

1 comment:

her said...

Dear Jeni...and how cool is our God! I have had those God-times and not really understand why, just knowing that it was...He is so capable to handle anything that satan should throw our way.

I am so glad that God revealed Himself to you on Sunday.

Joy, Ms Debi