
Just like the previous post, here is a "e-votional" I signed up for written by Ronald Ovitt. I am blown away how much God has used this as tool to speak directly to me. I have depended on these Bible verses through some very difficult times this past year.
TODAY'S VERSE "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
TODAY'S THOUGHT. When it is important to us, it is amazing to see how focused we can get. This is how it is with God. He spoke to His people through the Prophet Jeremiah, admonishing them that the only way they would really find God was when they involved their heart. Notice, Jeremiah did not say, "when you seek him with your whole intellect." It is not knowing "about" God; it is about "knowing God" in a deep and intimate way. God is saying that if you would get passionate about Him, then you will begin to find Him. How intent are you on knowing God? Begin today by seeking Him with your whole heart.
TODAY'S PRAYER Father, I come to You today. I really do want to know You. I want to have a deep intimate relationship with You. Help me discipline myself to take the time to know You. Take the time to hear You. Take the time to tell You my thoughts, hopes and dreams. To share with You my fears, apprehensions and doubts. As I seek You this way, that is with all my heart, I pray that You would reveal more and more of Yourself to me. AMEN
Isn't that the truth? We complain and say "boy am I busy, and tired....too tired to read my bible, too tired to pray". But I do find myself having extra time to think about that new shirt I want alot, or the way I want this adoption to go. (notice all the I's here)But am I getting REALLY passionate about what is important, developing a deep intimate realtionship with God. REALLY GETTING TO KNOW HIM? This week's preschool lesson (which I am writing a puppet show for) is a story from Acts. It is when Paul is traveling and spreading the "Good News". He encounters these two groups of people. One group believes in God, but has a distant relationship with Him. The other believes there is no God, no moral compass, and all that matters is seeing their own pleasures. I find myself falling into those two belief systems alot. Keeping God at a distance thinking "I can do this myself"....or trying to find satisfaction in things of this world. And God keeps calling "Come here, be still, listen to me. Rest with me. Get to know me. I will place your feet on solid ground. I am in control. I am God. I am God. I am God.
2 comments:
jeni, you have been tagged..see my blog for details...joy, mrs o
Hey there,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. So cool that there are other Alabama families adopting from Ethiopia. There are 4 families here in Huntsville. You'll have to let me know if you even come this way and maybe we could all get together for coffee. :)
Post a Comment