It's all coming full circle again. Thank you God for showing me another facet of You. This week, it's been all about God's love. The lesson God is trying to teach me is like a flower slowly opening it's petals. I have fought "the fog", as I call it, this week. I don't know if it's hormonaly induced, if it's a spiritual attack, I'm not sure, but I do know I feel like I was in the fire this week, my light was dim, my worries overwhelmed me. There were so many questions in my head. Then yesterday God said "STOP...ONE DAY AT A TIME. APPLY MY TRUTH TO YOUR LIFE, ONE DAY AT A TIME". OK God, now what? Well, I wake up this morning to this Ovitt Devotional
TODAY'S VERSE "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." I Peter 5:7 (NLT) "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)
Wow...God speak. I read this and think "great, I can give my worries to Him because He cares enough to take them...but how do I wrap my mind around that God?" And I get this mental image of me holding Carson in the pool while he SCREAMS, because for some reason he doesn't trust me....and I keep saying "I've got you Carsie, mama's got you, DON'T WORRY". Ah hah! I'm Carson, and He's me. I'm sitting here crying and screaming and flailing around for no reason. God's holding me, because He loves me and He is SO CAPEABLE of taking care of me. Even in the cold water, even when I don't feel anything under my feet...I just have to look at Him, and see Him as my DAD, who has the same unconditional love for me as I have for my kids (times a zillion) Now, this weekend (and last night at 707) we are learning about....you guessed it....GOD'S LOVE. I can't wait!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Jen...it's it neat how God can say "gotcha" and we can trust even though our eyes can not see?
Thanks for reminding me of that thought.
Hang on sweetie, raising those kids, supporting your husband is exactally where God has you right now! It really is your "sweet spot"
Joy, Ms Debi
Scott and Jennie, I heard a devotional in staff meeting Wednesday, and here's what I got out of it. I don't know what God is going to do, but I know God. And I know God well enough to trust whatever He has already chosen to do in my future. If I've trusted Him before, I can trust God now, for He never ceases to be trustworthy. Cool man. Cool.
Post a Comment