
I am SO EXCITED to actually be able to say with confidence. WE ARE ADOPTING! We've been praying over the decision around a year, and have come to the conclusion we will be adding one more Murphy to the family. Layla, is the name God has laid upon our hearts. I don't believe it's by coincidence that it's origin is African, and means "dark beauty". Unless God intervenes, we will be applying to the Ethiopian program through our chosen adoption agency. We will be starting at the beginning of 2009, a time Scott felt was right. Until then, my heart is aching to be part of the relief effort for Ethiopia, so I am looking into connecting the charity focused women's group I am a part of, and Ethiopian Orphan Relief somehow. We are keeping it entirely in prayer. Anyway, I am SOOOO EXCITED! In a couple years Scott and I will have another daughter. Emily and her brothers will have another sister, EllaGrace will have a lifelong friend, and Layla will have a home, a family, and more love than she could have ever imagined. And it is ALL because of God's Great Glory and Love. Isn't He AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS the book (and the children's home in Ethiopia) that it was named for was something I ran across after this prayer "Lord, what does her face look like...where is Layla?" Cool,huh?
1 comment:
Jeni...so cool that you are on the same page and God has re-enforced the Dream He has put in your heart!
We will be praying for your family also...yes, EllaGrace will have a true friend to share life and family with. These childen will be loved, prayed for and will one day walk into a relationship w/Jesus Christ....all b/c your 2 families heard God call and stepped out on faith! Something that many people can not do!
Layla will be adopted into your family, heirs with your children into a family for eternity! WOW, gotta love that!
Joy, Ms Debi
Post a Comment