
TODAY'S VERSE "So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better." Colossians 1:9-10 (NLT)
What a weekend I had. I attended the "Deeper Still" conference with Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Prisilla Shirer. What an incredible amount of Truth spoken this weekend. What passion these women had for the Word of God. What conviction I had to get off of my lazy behind and truly live the way I say I want to live. One of the speakers, I believe it was Kay, said that we need to be so full of God's truth, we spill it when we are bumped and bleed it if we are stabbed. It just HIT me so hard that I can have that same zeal for God that they had, I can KNOW THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE in a very intimate way, I can find my soul's only satisfaction, if I just open up His Word. Devotionals are great. But it's like a snack, when what I really need is a HEARTY MEAL. I want to know God, His character, His heart. And He gives us this through His words in HIS WORD THE BIBLE.
What is even more brilliant is know HE WANTS ME TO KNOW HIM!!!!! Check out the verse in this Ronald Ovitt this morning. He is persistent! He is out to have my heart. He WANTS ME TO KNOW HIM!
So...yesterday I prayed that He would help me through this journey, and asked "where do I start? His response? "THE BEGINNING". So I opened up my notebook and God's Word and I am journaling about all the things I learn about God's character as I read the Bible from front to back. I think I may blog this each week. After all what GIFTS OF JOY are the words of God Almighty!
No comments:
Post a Comment