Monday, May 5, 2008

His Hands and Feet


They Chose Me by Debbie Rice

Scared and all alone
in the orphan home
No mom or dad to sing them lullabies
Waiting night and day
just to hear them say
too young, to old
not right
we're just not sure
They sing themselves to sleep
They know no other way
No family to teach
them how to pray
They long to feel the love
a family can give
Their empty eyes reflect
the lives they live
Why can't we see
Why can't we hear
the empty lives just waiting
to be filled
Why can't we be
His hands and feet
Why can't we change the world
for just one tiny life
why can't it be
They chose me!
That's how it is with Jesus
He chose you as His own
He saw your situation
and called you His own
He never would forsake you
He knew you had no hope
He never would forsake you
He knew just what to do
He chose you!
Why can't we be
His hands and feet
Why can't we change the world
just one life at a time
We're all the same
all in His name
a family adopted by the son
Why can't we see
Why can't it be
They chose me

I'm not sure why, but I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed by this deep conviction that we HAVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THE BUBBLE WE ARE LIVING IN and LIVE LIKE JESUS WOULD IF HE WAS HERE. I was talking to my sweetie this morning and I just kept thinking we are NOT living this reality. God has been pushing us both I think to get out of our box. First it was a nagging feeling, followed by a sermon SPECIFICALLY about jumping over the edge. Getting off that comfy cozy ledge and being a rebel against the world. Living like Christ...period. tTaking the risk. We are not alone in this. Jesus Christ is holding our hand as we step out, and eternity is on the other side. Man, I am burning up inside right now.

1 comment:

her said...

Jeni...you and Scott need to listen to sermons by Rob Bell, a pastor from Michigan. He also does DVD's on sermon topics. He is probably the top rated pastor in Jewish Biblicial knowledge. His DVD "Dust" is awesome. It talkes about alot of stuff but one section, is about the diciples following their Rabbi's so close that the dust from their teachers feet are transferred to their garments as well...and when I heard that, I had to think that I was not following my Rabbi-Jesus that close. Can we say conviction?

We listen to his podcasts every Thursday night..

Joy